Giving control of their heating costs to
costumers of Termokos!
1. Who enforces the Heating supply regulations in Kosovo?
- The legislation for heat production distribution and supply for dwellings, commercial premises and public buildings is enforced by Energy Regulatory Office in Kosovo (ERO) in accordance with the Law on Energy (Law nr. 05/L-081)
2. Who are heat suppliers?
- Heat supplier means a person who supplies and charges for the supply of heating, cooling or hot water to a final customer, through district heat network. For Prishtina is Public Enterprise Termokos.
3. Is it necessary for heat suppliers to be licensed? Is Termokos licensed?
- Yes, this is mandatory! Termokos is licensed by ERO for public supply with thermal energy in accordance with Law on ERO (Law nr.05/L-084).
4. Who are the final customers?
- Final customers are the end users of the heating supplied by district heat networks and communal heating. Final customers are effectively the purchasers of the heat who have a direct financial arrangement with a heat supplier to provide the heating to them.
5. What is the difference between actual and future invoicing of supplied heating for my
- Actually, your invoice is based on your apartment surface (m2) and in future it will be based on your energy consumption (kWh)! This is called metering-based billing
6. What will happen if, after implementation of metering-based billing, my Invoice is higher than
with m² based billing (and for other consumers the bill will be lower)?
- A certain period, two tier tariffs will be applied to identify right balance between fix and variable part of billing, and in this case the fluctuation due to variations of the consumption can be kept at a moderate level.
7. Who makes the decision to increase or decrease the price of heating, i.e. the delivery of thermal
- ERO-Energy Regulatory Office in Kosova is competent authority to decide on the level of tariffs upon proposal / application by the enterprise.
8. How is supposed future district heating tariff structure?
- The principles of possible future district-heating tariff design structures are already part of ERO’s secondary legislation, the Rule on Thermal Energy Pricing, applicable as of July 2016. Article 16 of the Rule states that the tariff structure of customers with individual metering-point should comprise of:
9. Who is doing reading of heat consumption in buildings?
- Termokos, in the period from 01.-05. days of the month, read the total delivered thermal energy through a measuring device installed in the heat substation, in accordance with ERO License. Moreover, Termokos read the consumption on the primary, i.e. the total delivered thermal energy to the connected facilities, which is the basis for the distribution of consumption within the facility.