apartments and houses connected to the Termokos network will be installed Free thermostatic valves!
The overall economic cost of energy supply in Kosovo will be reduced
through transition from expensive, electricity-based heating in the
MAB sector to more cost-effective district heat.
The district heat service delivery will be reduced: Through cost reduction by heat reduction Termokos will have more money for service and maintenance:
- Through heat reduction in all units (apartments) the cost per apartment will be reduced. The energy savings will enable DH enlargement and more apartments can be supplied and will also pay for heating.
- As a consequence, Termokos will have more money for service and maintenance.
- Maintenance and repairs in the buildings, pipes and plants can be undertaken in due time (repairs in the apartments are not in the scope of Termokos responsibilities).
- Administration will improve: new Billing, complaints solutions, information systems, etc.
And most important: The Consumer will be empowerment by getting the possibility of demand-side energy efficiency and cost reduction:
- Thanks to the energy efficiency cost and benefit calculators the customers can calculate the energy they need and can afford to pay.
- By the help of the Thermostatic Regulation Valves (TRV) on each radiator the thermal comfort and the heat consumption and hereby the costs can be regulated individually: The temperature may be lowered during nighttime or daytime when absent, it may be lowered in sleeping rooms and increased in the living rooms.
- Energy and money can be saved when you turn down or set back the thermostatic radiator valve in the winter! By using Thermostatic Dynamic Valve, a perfectly controlled and automatic hydronic balanced heating system is simply established.
Saving from Heat regulation by TRV’s versus Ventilation by opening windows:
- According to the household survey, in the households concerned by the project 35 % tend to get uncomfortably warm, and in 85 % of cases this is due to the fact that the temperature cannot be regulated. When apartments get too warm, in 70 % this is regulated by opening the windows, and in 13 % by using cost-intensive devices like electric fans or air conditioning.
- This means that about 1/3 of households will be able to reduce their heating costs (10 % will even be able to reduce their cooling costs) without losing any heating comfort – on the contrary, they can achieve a stable, comfortable temperature.
- The expected saving potential resulting from consumption-based billing compared to flat-rate billing is considered being about 20% in average.
- By applying this average value to all relevant buildings within this project and by considering the assessed baseline heat demand, total savings of 24 GWh/year (=118GWh/year*20%) are expected. This amounts to more than 1 million US-$ per year!